Saturday, November 21, 2015

"i'm glad you're still you"

My brother typed that to me after sending him a semi-disturbing picture of one of my nipples.  Yes, you read right. nipple. picture. to older brother. But to understand you have to know my family. we love each other as a truly blessed family does being raised with the purest and devoted love.
It had been two years since my life took a turn and then somehow i found myself on an examination table... topless with a needle going through my first nipple. my dear friend from highschool Jessica was my support and luckily was  a pretty decent picture taker. Needless to say that shit hurt!!!! Don't let anyone tell you different. nipple piercings are something you keep after, simply because you went through a few seconds of shit pain.
picture sent " hey bro, i did something crazy!!!!" pause and wait for response
Response "ha! are you drunk, high, I was when I got mine, remember?!?!?"
And the truth was, i'd forgotten that he did the same thing 18 years before on MY graduation trip that he and my other older cousins tagged along on. Good ole party-town Cancun, Mexico.
I didn't respond as I internally recollected those faraway but still so close memories...
Additional response : "Love you sis, I'm glad you're still you"

"love you too :)  <3!"

No comments:

Post a Comment