Tuesday, May 24, 2016

what is happening to me?

long pause... as i wait to write about the most useless thing to date. EVER.

Zumba. I told you. Today I took my first zumba class at the gym i joined about 6 weeks ago. I used to belong to a gym when i was way younger. FUCKING LOVED IT. my brothers and i would go together. I would run a mile, ride a stationary bike for 30 minutes, do a step class then swim some laps and finally finish off in the steam room (while they played racquetball). I am not exaggerating. I lived with my parents, what else did i have time to do.
It's been many years. And between now and then I lived a second life. i am on my third right now and this life really enjoys sweating. I have been working out with a lovely personal trainer who has been teaching me my own strength. HEY! I AM STRONG! I didn't know either. I poured zumba sweat today and they have made me a believer. Suburban-ism in Brooklyn, here i come!

PS... apparently my latina blood sucks at the salsa zumba. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment