Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My 2017- the year of motherhood

so it turns out the most critical part of having a baby is having a working womb. ;) Not necessarily having a particular man to do it with. It has been a long journey for me.. the one towards motherhood. The journey that technically hasn't begun yet.
See, the thing is. I thought it began when i got married at the young age of 20. I was wrong. I wasn't just wrong, I was 13 years wrong. A painful divorce pulverized my hopes at the age of 33. I am 38 now. What's happened in almost 5 years you ask! Why didn't i find a (rich) man and get knocked up already?! I'm attractive, funny, smart, creative , patient, and all that great stuff a man would want. I really am, ask anyone. I will tell you what happened in 5 years. First I mourned for as long as I needed, then I rebuilt. I heard my own power and my own voice calling, guiding me towards my own path of single motherhood. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to have a partner. A devoted man that loves our baby as much I would. I would genuinely prefer that. But "prefer" isn't good enough. I wholeheartedly WANT to begin raising my child, soon. My WANT supersedes preference on this subject. I have waited and planned long enough. It's just about time y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment