Wednesday, July 15, 2015

last hurrahs

I was at a going-away party once and the person I was with didn't want to stay long. "Why stay to say goodbye for an extra hour, they are still leaving and you will probably never see them again. That extra hour won't matter" he said. I was upset. They were harsh words and insensitive but very likely to be proven true. We left.
I've learned that staying that extra hour never does really matter or help me really. Once I know I should leave, I should just say good bye and just leave. The party will go on and that friend that went away will go on.  It's not very hard. Just Leave.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...there may have been one or two or a hundred moments in the past few years where I wished I'd stolen another hour.

    You never know. Somewhere down the line that extra hour may be all you have to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that's why we are friends. big hugs.

    ReplyDelete